Healing Heroes Network (HHN) requires that any persons and organizations fundraising on behalf of HHN, as the Event Organizing Group, adheres and agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. HHN will review all individual events within 5 business days of submission and if NOT approved, will notify the Event Organizing Group by email. Individual events will be considered approved if they have not received a notice of disapproval in this timeframe. Nothing in this Agreement creates a joint venture, partnership, principal-agent, employer-employee or similar relationship between HHN and the Event Organizing Group, or any members of the Event Organizing Group. Event Organizing Group shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations relating to charitable solicitations and promotions. This agreement represents the entire understanding of the parties and cannot be amended or modified, except in writing and signed by both parties hereto.
2. Event Organizing Group acknowledges that HHN is the rightful licensee of the name and logo which is duly registered with the U. S. Patent and Trademark Office, and whose rights are superior to those granted to the Event Organizing Group as a sublicense under this agreement. Event Organizing Group agrees to use the name and logo in accordance with the charitable nature of the Healing Heroes Network.
3. HHN warrants that it has all necessary authority to license the promotional rights of the HHN name and logo and to do all things necessary to perform its obligations under this agreement. HHN will defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Event Organizing Group from any liability for trademark or copyright infringement arising out of a breach of this warranty. HHN warrants that it is a tax-exempt 501(C)(3) non-profit organization.
4. The HHN hereby grants the Event Organizing Group a limited, non-exclusive right to use the Healing Heroes Network logo in promotional materials related to the fundraising event. Healing Heroes Network reserves the right to refuse the use of the HHN name or marks at any time.
5. All collateral materials relating to the event must meet the following standards: (a) This phrase shall appear conspicuously on entry forms or other material received by every participant, observer, or donor: “This promotion is sponsored by the Event Organizing Group, which is solely responsible for its fulfillment. The ‘Healing Heroes Network' name and logo is used by permission.”; (b) state that the HHN is the benefiting organization; (c) state that more information about the HHN may be found by visiting the website at www.healingheroes.org or by calling HHN at 727-781-4376; and (d) the actual or anticipated percent or portion of sales, admission price or other proceeds that will benefit the HHN.
6. HHN will receive the event contribution within 30 days of the completion of the event, either though an online donation(s) to the link provided or mailed to our headquarters in Palm Harbor, FL using the Donation Form available at www.healingheroes.org.
7. HHN, its directors, employees and legal representatives shall be indemnified and held harmless from all claims, loss, damage, injury, liability, costs and expenses of whatsoever kind or nature caused by, arising out of, or occurring in connection with, any act or omission to act by the Event Organizing Group, their employees, or agents, in connection with the event. HHN insurance will not cover any event held by the Event Organizing Group nor will HHN be listed as a co-insured on any coexisting event.
8. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of each of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns; provided, however, neither party may assign or transfer (including, without limitation, by operation of law) this Agreement, including the rights and obligation hereunder, without prior written consent of the other party, and any such attempted assignment or transfer shall be null and void.
9. HHN, Inc. is a not for profit corporation recognized as tax-exempt under IRC § 501(c)(3) 26-3714861 and established in 2008 to provide medical services to service men and women injured in the current military conflicts around the world. All donations made to HHN, Inc. d/b/a “Healing Heroes Network" are fully tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.
10. The money raised will be used to aid in the sponsorship of various programs of Healing Heroes Network (HHN) that support wounded soldiers and their families.
By clicking the submit button below, I acknowledge that I have carefully read the above Event Agreement and Release of Liability and fully understand its contents. I am aware that by agreeing to this Event Agreement and Release of Liability, I am waiving legal rights and knowing this, I agree to it of my own free will.