Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Why We Are Needed
Thanks to advances in combat gear and front-line medicine, more troops are surviving injuries that would have killed them in previous wars. While this is good news, it also presents some long-term challenges. Our Heroes are surviving, but their quality of life is not the same as it was before their deployment. That's due, in part, to a backlog of cases that continues to grow. Our Heroes need our help, and they need our help today! In fact...
- An estimated 19% of the 1.8 million troops who have served in Iraq and Afghanistan (roughly 320,000 troops) may have experienced a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) during deployment (Rand)
- More than 1/2 of those cases go undiagnosed and untreated (Rand)
The suffering doesn't stop there. Our nation's Heroes are also dealing with:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Injuries to the neck, back and spine
- Loss of limbs
- Disfiguration and so much more...
These debilitating injuries can produce side effects which include, but are not limited to:
We believe the reason HHN is needed is clear, and that's why we have providers standing by to help. With your support, HHN can help alleviate the influx of wounded troops in need of medical care.